Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Laughter


A couple of Sundays ago, we had a guest pastor speak at our church. For those of you who don't know, we have been without a pastor since last August and we have FINALLY gotten to the point in our search process that we have started interviewing prospective pastors. Well, two weeks ago we heard the first candidate preach. He preached a great sermon out of Genesis 22 where Abraham is asked by God to sacrifice his only son Issac. He also referenced back to when God fulfilled His promise to Abraham to give him a son. He had a lot of us laughing hysterically as he made the comment, "They were so OLD!" Maybe you had to be there, but he said it in such a way that it was so funny. Then he painted a picture for us of how laughable it really was. Abraham was 99 and Sarah was 89. And it was so humorous to them, that what did they decide to name their son, but Isaac, which literally means laughter in Hebrew. Now, you may have thought that this was going to be some deeply, well-thought out post about the significance of Abraham's faith or something of that sort. Well, I am not feeling that deep this morning. However, I do love to laugh. I mean, is it not one of the greatest feelings when you are laughing so hard your stomach hurts (hey, it's one way to work out those muscles right?). I love inside jokes. I love contagious laughter. I love to hear my kids giggle when they think no one is around. Pure joy! There is nothing quite like it. Well, I am going to share some laughter with you this morning. Enjoy!







Oh yeah, by the way, that last post of my darling husband's was pretty laughable too. Those of you who know me even a little bit know what I am talking about. But, he sure is sweet ain't he?

No comments: