Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thoughts

I have the best wife in the world. I know that most husbands think that they have the best wife, and while I am sure all are wonderful they are indeed not the best. I truly get reminded of this fact everyday. Here is a little of what I am talking about. Two weeks ago yesterday my family was going on our first full family vacation in at least two years if not longer. I will spare you the details of flight delays and what not, but we were halfway through our flights and in Chicago. The flight to Ft Myers only had three seats left so Lisa and the kids jumped on the plane and flew down with a promise that once I got there that she would pick me up. While I know that our kids have some kind of sleep gene when it comes to flying, I am sure that flying with three children all five and under is not what she had in mind. Mean while after my exhausting flight to Miami in first class I got to Fort Myers where as promised Lisa was waiting on me (Those that had heard the story about the flight know what a great time I had in first class).

The next day was a great day except for the fact that I forgot that it was Sunday and thus Mother's day! (Guys please once you have kids never forget Mother's day!!!) Lisa was very nice about the fact that I was (and still am) the biggest dope on the face of the planet with no Mother's day anything for her. Then skip forward to this weekend (we will skip all the dumb things that I did this week). I slept most of the day Saturday since I had worked the night before. There was a party for a good friend of ours that is getting married very soon (next Saturday) and she set things up so that I could go. After the dinner part of the party I needed to leave to get back home see the family for a couple of seconds and get ready for work. Now I will tell you that every time my wife goes out to eat without me she always asks if she can bring anything home for me. With that in mind and the fact that she has had our crazy kids all day to herself since I slept I never thought about asking if I could get her anything from the restaurant. Again she was very (and I mean very) nice about this thoughtless act on my part. Now if you know us very well you know that, again, I am the biggest dummy around and the fact that she puts up with me makes her the best wife ever. Now I could go on and tell you more stories about times that I have been dumb but that would just take up too much time so I will close this thought by saying that she is the best mother to our three little ones as well. The reason that our children are so nice and polite goes no further than Lisa. In addition Lisa has taught me that reading things other then the sports page can be fun and exciting. She has opened the world up to me to explore, and I hope that she will let me explore with her. I am truly blessed to be able to call her my wife and best friend.

Other thoughts since my last blog a long time ago. One I am still working on deepness in my relationships. In fact the number of relationships that have gone deeper than when I last wrote about going deep is zero. sometimes I think that maybe I need to be less of a dummy first, but that will take a bunch of time. Also, one of the things that I realized on vacation was that it seems to me that a lot of people that work hard to have the finest things often do not get to enjoy them. While on vacation a couple weeks ago we stayed at Lisa's parents condo. It is a very nice area and has a golf course, tennis courts, and a swimming pool. Now I can probably count on one had the number of people that swam the entire week we were at the pool (which was just about everyday). As you drive through the community you see beautiful homes but seemed to me that everyone was so hard working to pay for these houses that they did not get to enjoy them. Others things that I kept thinking about writing about have slipped my mind (and yes I am writing at 3am again so sorry if I ramble). So with that I will say TTFN and I will write again soon. Thank you again for reading this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you to hear you all had a nice vacation and doing well, are the little ones nice and brown after being at the pool. How are you parnets Lisa ? Beth